Monday, July 31, 2006

Sewing like a madwoman

I have finally decided not to procrastinate and in ONE DAY! finish off some of the things that I started in the category of "sewing projects" that have been sitting there for days:
-1 pair of long black knit pants
-1 pair of knee length black knit pants
-a pillow made from a shirt
-hemming my sister's dress
-replacing the elastic for a camisole
-a knit top
-an iron-on transfer for some pants

and I realize, that no matter what kind of fancy tools I have to do my sewing, I must practice. Sewing with knits is not easy, and today I was playing with a new serger, where sometimes my stitches can look either really nice, or really ugly and out of control. Like when I accidentally lop off elastic trim I attaching with the serger, cut by the trimming knife on the machine.
Some of the above items are probably suitable for in-home wearing only- so I won't be showing you what I made on this blog. But I really like both of the pants and will definitely be wearing them a lot.
Now the next mission is to teach my friends to sew...

No comments: