Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Sew Sew Sewing Party


I hosted a "Sew Sew Sewing Party" yesterday, and four girls showed up- two with sewing machines, and all with repair projects or new projects to do- I had no idea that the afternoon event would go on for almost eight hours! It was a blast, and I got a chance to warm up into "teacher mode" (getting ready for next semester) and remember to be patient and think *backwards,* because it's REALLY hard to explain something to someone about how to do something when you are thinking too far ahead.
So, here's the inventory of accomplishments:
F. started making her apron, and I showed her how to set up her sewing machine, so she can stop making up stories about how it was yelling at her and biting her, and helped gain control of the little beastie.
N. hemmed some jeans.
A. hemmed some jeans and narrowed the hem of a top that she had.
and Ad. repaired some magenta spandex exercise pants, threaded my serger, and cracked a "V.hard" Sudoku puzzle in TEN minutes! no way!
And I started to hem some corduroy pants that I've been shamefully wearing in public in a half-hemmed state.
I think I will hold another one of these parties, so everybody can hem all of those wool pants that we don't want to look at yet because it's summer.

No comments: