Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Conchens is volunteering

There is going to be a new building on the waterfront in Boston- it is the ICA, the Institute of Contemporary Art.
The building is going to be soooo amazing, and I can't wait for it to open.

http://www.icaboston.org/Home

Oh wait, I can wait- I just volunteered to become one of their drop in tour guides to show museum visitors the new building! I hope I learn enough to be able to say the right things. I also hope that my voice will carry- it has a tendency to disappear in vast expanses...
The other volunteers seem to be pretty neat too- I think that they are all interested in art, and are fascinated with the new building as much as I am. Having such a modern building w/contemporary art in a historical city like Boston may change things a bit.

No comments: