Saturday, July 14, 2007

First Life= T-shirt, Second Life= Pocketbook


So, as my sister and I were perusing Target for Transformer's stuff for our little 80's Optimus Prime party we had, we noticed that there were no Transformer's stuff for girls! Waah? I'm sure some Hasbro marketing people ran a focus group, with a bunch of little girls that refused to have anything to do w/Transformers merchandise, who were NOT adult women in their late 20's/early thirties who watched tv after school when they were little because mom and dad were at work. So, I thought, why not shop in the little boys section? And buy this t-shirt?

Would I wear the above t-shirt? OF COURSE NOT! However, I would wear this:
This is a pocketbook (as they say in New England) constructed from the t-shirt in it's entirety. Only a few little scraps were not utilized. The adorable model, L., was in diapers when the TV show first came out, hehe! I'm seriously carrying this around now, and the hilarious thing is that most of the people I run into have NO IDEA what this logo is....

And did I mention, a Transformers 80's party? Some proof:

1 comment:

hamlette said...

That bag urm pocketbook is SO adorable. I want one too!!!!!